Wednesday 1 June 2011

Introduction

Deck Building is the most difficult part of Yu-Gi-Oh! game but it is also the most exciting one. Despite this many Duelists decide to follow the trends and use Top Tier Decks that more or less you can find the biggest part of them to be a packet. For example about 35 cards are staples in a good Dragunity Deck leaving you only 5 open spots to express your creativity.

But this is by no mean deck building. Deck Building is about creating a deck from a scratch, not deciding if you will fill your last spot with an Effect Veiler or a Spirit Reaper. Deck Building is about study the cards, recognize the viable combos, calculate the chances , you chose wrong ,choose again ,select the engines and cards you will use and then keep refining the deck till it becomes as good as possible.

No one said Deck Building is easy. But when you make a deck that works fine and can keep up with the very strong decks that rule the meta the current period of time ,yes, all of your work is justified and you are very proud of your creation. This is my opinion the meaning of this game ,fun through creation ,creation through fun (yeah ,I know this is too much).

The reason why I created this blog is to tell everyone about the decks I have made up and to hone my deckbuilding skills since I am not all that good. But if I can do it you can too ,so I will be the most pleased if you not only read my articles but to comment them ,with suggestions or your builds. I hope I am not asking for too much.

To be honest I just made up everything above. I play Meta Decks like anyone but I get bored easily and so  I enjoy creating different decks and researching interesting combo. Ergo I made this blog in order to publish my experiments.

Thanks everybody (for reading my verbiage) and expect my first article soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment