Thursday 14 June 2012

A Year of Hiatus

My immense number of readers will have come to realise that I have not write anything for quite some time. This is for several reasons: personal life, lack of inspiration, exploring other games and such. However I do not plan leaving this Blog. That being said, I will start soon the 12th Grade which in my country is a very intense and hard year since in the end of it await a series of very high level of tests that determine access to public universities. As such this blog will enter a year of hiatus, maybe sporadically interrupted by some mini-articles. I plan to make use of this time by writing several series of articles: higher in quality than my previous work. These articles require time for both research and writing and will cover topics from Theory-Oh to History of the Game.

Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Sangan is banned. Solemn Warning is down to limited. You're our only hope for a decent anti-meta deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you! Much appreciated (However note that my work is generally combo-oriented)

    Now as for Anti-Meta Decks there is hope depending on what context you put Anti-Meta. Right now with the upcoming format being so herpy derpy with multiple advantage gaining no-brain moves (I am not hating, I love E-Drags but truth is truth) there is not much space for traditional Anti-Meta Decks like Hero Beat or Rai-Oh&DoomcalBFFE.dek since they are awefully outspeeded, "out-advantaged" and generally get their ass kicked. However if you consider Anti-Meta as any Deck that stops a big portion of the top Decks then I have to suggest one of the Rabbit Decks, that is non-Spirit Fire Fists or Evilswarms. Both play much like an Anti-Meta Deck (tempo wise) would but also have powerful specific options both Main and Extra Deck.

    If you still want to go rogue well I will tell you a thought of mine that is still in testing. In the upcoming format a first turn Shock Master will almost always mean game and especially against the top 2 upcoming Decks. The best contenders for this task (highest possible chance of 1st turn Shock Master) I have find to be Wind-Ups (yeah, they still work), Divine Wind Harpies and Hunders. Ignoring the first for being to erratic and the second for being OCG-only, we are left with the 3rd choice. While I have not tested them the Deck has decent advantage cards, awesome Xyz options and access to 1st turn Shock Master making me think of them as a decent (not great though, sadly) Anti-Meta Deck.

    So right now, these are my thoughts for the Anti-Meta part of the game. I hope we see more additions to the Anti-Meta crew maybe following the Rai-Oh recipe (1900 body + continuous eff + tribute eff). Till then or till when the game slows down I dont expect any of the classic Anti-Meta to shine.

    -Eatos

    P.S. Pacman and Chain Beat are also awesome.
    P.S.2 We want Tengu back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make another deck plz D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still alive? I hope you are doing well

    ReplyDelete